Seven-Day Cotswolds / West Country / South Wales / Wessex Tour
This example of a seven-day tour includes all the locations in our three-day West Country/Cotswolds Tour plus the magnificent Warwick Castle, Stratford-upon-Avon—Shakespeare’s birthplace—and Longleat— the English estate currently the seat of the Marquis of Bath. However the whole idea of our tours is we can customize the tour to include only what you want to see. Guide price for a “Seven Day Tour” is £2920 / $3560 for up to eight people. The price quoted is for the Driver / Guide, van and Fuel only. The cost of Customer Hotel accommodation and for driver (if necessary) as well as other special costs such as remote pickups / drop offs etc is in addition.
These prices were last updated on 12 October 2016 when the exchange rate was 1.22USD to 1GBP – the very best exchange rates Americans have had in years !!
Your tour includes:
- Pick-up service in London/airport.
- Oxford – Rich with history, Oxford is home to the oldest university in the English-speaking world. Many movies—most recently “Harry Potter”—have been filmed at its university cloisters.
- The Cotswolds – Enjoy a tour of the beautiful Cotswold hills with its quaint villages, stone houses, thatched cottages, country homes and formal gardens— including Hidcote Manor.
- Bristol – A spectacular spot that’s often missed, Bristol shares much of its history with the early “New World,” including the sugar and tobacco trades. John Cabot sailed from Bristol in 1497 to discover Newfoundland. Bristol has fantastic architecture and a wonderful waterfront with a “living” history
- South Wales – Tour the Black Mountains and castles and eat lunch in the cellars of the partly ruined Llanthony Priory.
- Hay-on-Wye – A book-lover’s dream; visit the bookstore capital of England!
- Bath – View Roman ruins and stunning Georgian architecture in this historic spot.
- Stonehenge – Experience Stonehenge, one of the most famous prehistoric sites in the world, and Avebury, one of the largest Neolithic monuments in Europe—even older than Stonehenge.
- Salisbury Cathedral – This Anglican cathedral houses one of the four original copies of the Magna Carta, and boasts the tallest church spire in the U.K.
- English Country Pub – No trip to England would be complete without wonderful ales, fantastic food, festive surroundings—and if you’re lucky, live music!
- Warwick Castle – The magnificent Warwick Castle is traditionally associated with one of the oldest Earldoms in England. The castle overlooks the river Avon and attracts visitors from all over the world.
- Stratford-upon-Avon – Visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and tour Anne Hathaway’s cottage in this charming town.
- Longleat – Experience this Elizabethan county house, currently the seat of the Marquesses of Bath, its beautiful gardens and historic drive though safari park.